Thursday, October 11, 2007

Redskins Watch (Oct 10)

I didn't watch the first quarter of the game. I finally turned it on during the second quarter when the game was still scoreless. The announcers were talking about how the Redskins were in the middle of a long drive, which would be their second. Which made me wonder what happened during that first drive. The Redskins did remedy that by scoring on this drive.

Later in the second half I saw a couple opportunities for the Skins slip away. After building a fourteen poin lead, the Skins had a least two opportunities for turnovers that were taken away. That worried me, because karma could kill you in sports. Don't ask me how. Luck is very important in sports.

In the third quarter the Skins missed a long field goal, and that gave the Lions an opportunity to turn the game around. They score a field goal thanks to good field position, then forced the Skins to punt. However, thanks to good field position, the Redskins were able to sack John Kitna for a safety, which was the major turning poin in the game. I felt bad for Kitna towards the end of the game when he started chucking interceptions.

I'm annoyed at Clinton Portis. He's got a bad case of fumblitis lately. Jason Campbell had a great day. It was the day I was hoping he would have against the Giants last week. I think he was named the NFC Offensive player of the week and I hope he keeps it up.

No comments: