Tuesday, October 30, 2007

This Week in Entertainment (10/30/07)



Sorry Spidey, but this week's Pick of the Week is this Three Stooges dvd collection (1934-1936). The Three Stooges DVDs have been scattered at best to this poin, and the last few they released have downright sucked. Finally we get their first three years in chronological for a decent price. This is way better than the VHS years where fifteen bucks gets you three shorts on one tape. I hope they release all the shorts up to 1958.


Also being released is the third Spider-Man movie, which was ok but not as good as the first two films. Honestly, I didn't think it was a huge disappoinment or anything.

MST3k Volume 12 is also out. On any other week this would have been my pick. Sadly I have all the episodes in this set so I'm not in a hurry to pick it up. It has Rebel Set (I can't remember anything about it), Super Agent Secret Dragon (comes with his own theme song!), Starfighters (the refueling sequences are obscene! Also, it started the casts' odd war with Bob Dornan), and parts: The Clonus Horror (AMERICA!)

Here's the fifth Golden Collection of Warner Brothers cartoons.


On the Wii Virtual Console is Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest. I'm glad I didn't have this as a kid because some of the solutions seem random and the translations are really terrible.

On the Wii itself is The Simpsons Game. Early reviews look terrible, but it should be ok. I guess I'm naive but after Hit and Run I though Simpsons games would at least be decent.



Why can't more weeks be like this?

No comments: