Saturday, October 6, 2007

Tork Picks Week 5

Here are my picks:

Jac over KC
NE over Cle
NO over Car
NYG over NYJ
Pit over Sea
Tenn over Atl
Was over Det
Hou over Mia
Ari over Stl
-
Ind over TB
SD over Den
Bal over SF
-
GB over Chi
-
Dal over Buf




Notes:

TORK PICKS THE REDSKINS ALERT! Possible crankiness Sunday night!


I almost feel sorry for Norv. That's why I picked the Chargers this week, even if Denver is week anyway.

The Saints are awful this year, but I still picked them to beat the Panthers. Carolina is also pretty bad, but I'm still making a dumb pick.

Gus Frerotte is still in the league! I can still remember when Skins fans rejected Congressman Shuler for Frerotte. Seriously, people were chanting "In Gus We Trust." Frerotte went on to start Norv's third year 7-1, before the Skins crashed and burned to a 9-7 record. The following year Gus shared a season with Hostetler, and a 8-4 record became 8-7-1. The year after that Gus quit in the season opener and Trent Green became our man. Yes, the same Trent Green whose hobbling around in Miami. You can see how important Jason Campbell is to us Skins fans right now.

Please note that the Rams are on the right side of the page.

I still refuse to take the Packers seriously, but maybe Dallas will stumble and Green Bay will take advantage. That's wishful thinking, but we'll see.

I still find the Giants to be a pitiful team, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were a game ahead of us tomorrow night. (You can't hear it, but this blogger just sighed.)

One of the more intriguing games this week is the Seattle/Pittsburgh game. I'm willing to bet money that the local networks don't show it. In fact, why can't we gamble on which games CBS and FOX will show? It's because people will make far more money on that than on the poin spread, isn't it?!





Last Week: 8-6
Season: 41-21

No comments: