Thursday, February 1, 2007

Superbowl Grades

Might as well do this before the game is over. I apologize to football and sports haters.

Superbowl XXIV - (C) The grade might seem weird, but this was the first Superbowl I saw, and I had fun rooting for the 49ers. Before the game I remember McDonald's had a promo where they had one sandwich representing the Niners and another sandwich representing the Broncos. I forget what happens with the winning sandwich but it was probably either cheaper for a few days or maybe there was some kind of two sandwiches for a cheap price deal. Too bad the game wasn't close, because that promo could have been huge. Bigger then Bud Bowl!

Superbowl XXV - (C+) Poor Buffalo. My family were rooting for them that year, and most of my family wanted the Giants to win the previous week because we thought Buffalo could beat them. Only my dad thought the Niners were a better choice. Maybe he was right. I remember folding my hands before the field goal. If he had made it, this would have gotten a higher grade.

Superbowl XXVI - (A+) See earlier post. Probably the only time I'll see the Redskins win the Superbowl in my life.

Superbowl XXVII - (F-) Ugh, and this was a couple weeks after one of the most exciting games ever, "The Comeback." This was also the last time we saw a Superbowl in Uncle Buddy's basement.

Superbowl XXVIII - (F) We saw this at my Aunt's place. We were really hoping that Buffalo could finally win one, especially over Dallas, but there was no way that Buffalo was going to win this one. I wish I had bet money on this. After Buffalo fell apart, I walked into another room and watched the second Home Alone movie.

Superbowl XXIX - (D-) I had rooted for the Niners the previous week, but I wanted to see the Chargers and Stan Humphries win it. This game was over almost immediately and the only memorable thing was that Chargers completed a couple two poin conversions.

Superbowl XXX - (F) I actually got suckered into believing that the Steelers had a chance. I was watching the game in my room and I went to tell my dad that the Steelers were driving and had a chance to take the lead. My dad was just doing work. He knew better. Before long Neil O'Donell threw the interceptions that killed his team. I used to like Bill Cowher but I'm still pissed that he lost this game.

Superbowl XXXI - (C-) Seriously, Desmond Howard? He was terrible when he was a Redskin, and he's the friggen MVP? Let's just move on.

Superbowl XXXII - (A) Ah, this is one of my favorites. The team I rooted for won, and it was a back and forth game. Elway's helicopter dive has to be one of the most memorable plays in a Superbowl.

Superbowl XXXIII - (D) But then I turned against the Broncos and rooted for the Falcons. This Superbowl, to me, is the Matrix Bowl. They showed a commercial for the Matrix during the game, and when it came back, the play had already started. Elway was in the middle of throwing a bomb over the head of that jerk who got caught with a hooker the night before. The game was over at that poin.

Superbowl XXXIV - (A-) My other favorite Superbowl that doesn't involve the Redskins. This game should have been a blow out, yet it ended with one of the most memorable tackles in NFL history.

Superbowl XXXV - (F) I hate the Ravens. This game was like the Giants/Vikings game the week before. It was over in a hurry. The one good thing was that I watched Plan Nine From Outer Space for the first time after I gave up on this game.

Superbowl XXXVI - (C+) I've seen polls mention this as the best ever, but it was boring for a long time. The game seemed to grind to a halt after Warner threw that pick that the Pats returned for a touchdown. If it weren't for the Rams two touchdowns at the end of the game, this game wouldn't have cracked the top 15.

Superbowl XXXVII - (B-) Another blowout, but at least the bad team lost. It does suck that this Superbowl had two former Redskin QBs facing off.

Superbowl XXXVIII - (B-) Much better then Superbowl XXXVI, even though I wanted to see the Eagles make it this year.

Superbowl XXXIX - (C+) I think my dad was getting tired of the Pats, but I was rooting against TO. If you've seen the other Pat Superbowl wins, this wasn't too different.

Superbowl XL - (C-) Stupid Cowher. He would have to win this one and not the one against the Cowboys. Holgrem made some ridiculous decisions in this one.

No comments: