Sunday, February 11, 2007

This Week In Entertainment (2/12/07)



My pick of the week is Wii Play for the Nintendo Wii. I really liked Wii Sports and I'm hoping this game is better then the foreign word of mouth. I hope that at least the billiard games is fun. I'm sure this game will be popular just because it comes with a free Wii Remote.

Also coming out is Police Story 2 (Special Collector's Edition) on dvd. I have no idea which movie this one is, but it has Jackie Chan from 1988, so it should be good. (Even bad Jackie Chan movies at his peak are worth watching. I remember one - it may have been a Police Story in fact - where I realized that I thought the movie was stupid or lame or boring or something. Still, I realized that every single piece of glass was being broken, so I poined it out to my sister, and for the rest of the movie, we were cheering whenever some glass broke. The movie ended with a ton of glass being broke from three different angles.)

Just in time for Valentine's Day, two very frightening movies I'm glad I've never seen. Deadly Weapons/Double Agent 73 (1974) starring Chesty Morgan, two movies that should be seen by no one if this Jabootu review is to be believed.

For Hercules fans, Hercules and the Captive Women/Hercules, Prisoner of Evil (1961).

For fans of crap, Zoom got a perfect 0% rating at Rotten Tomatoes.com.

And for fans of cuss words, they're releasing a movie called F***, which is a documentary of that particular word. Wiki said that the movie used it over 600 times, if my memory serves me correct.

Update: I have just found out that they're finally releasing Kid Icarus to the Wii's virtual console. I've been wanting to get my hands on this game and it'll be my first VC game for that system. It's 500 Wii Poins.

2 comments:

wurwolf said...

Dude. I demand more links! I had to go searching the Rotten Tomatoes site for Zoom after not even seeing it on the front page. I don't want to search for the F word on Wiki at work, but a link would have been nice. And how about a link to Daddy O's Drive In section on Satellite News about Hercules and the Captive Women?

wurwolf said...

Yay! You listened!

Now, dance around in a circle with underpants on your head! Do it!