Monday, February 5, 2007

This Week in Entertainment (February 5th)



My Pick of the Week is one of the greatest video game RPGs ever made. This is the second rerelease of this game, and it includes an extra dungeon. I may pick this up even though I own the original.

I know the Final Fantasy series seems bloated and overhyped nowadays, but people who haven't played this game should give it a try. It includes one of my all-time favorite scenes which occurs in an opera house.


Also coming out this week is Hollywoodland. My parents went to this movie because it had the perfect combination for them. It had old-timey stuff for my mom, and it had Superman for my dad. Specifically, George Reeves's television version of Superman. A pretty good movie, even if the star reminded me of Sean Penn. I especially liked the ending, where...I guess I would have to spoil it to reveal why I liked it. (Rated R for cuss-language and one sex scene.)

According to amazon it looks like MGM is now releasing some of the Bond movies seperately instead of in 4 different collections. The four collections together are being offered for 180 dollars.

And just in time for Black History Month: A Dr. Doolittle / Fat Albert DVD!

No comments: