Monday, February 26, 2007

This Week In Entertainment (2/26/07)



My Pick of the Week is Captain N: The Complete Series. Captain N is basically a Mary Sue of the mid NES days when the system was at the height of its popularity. He got to hang out with Mega Man, Pit, Simon Belmont, and a talking Game Boy. His enemies include a blue King Hippo and a gross Mother Brain. The first time I saw this show my parents were trying to show me how there was another video game based show. I skipped the first season because I was so grossed out by Mother Brain, but watched the rest of it when it was paired with Super Mario Bros. 3/World cartoons. Some of the best episodes are the ones where they brought the voice actors from The Legend of Zelda cartoons to do a sort of crossover a few times.

(Of course, I wish they would put out the Super Mario Bros. 3 on DVD. I would love to own the episode where Princess Toadstool just LUVED Milli Vanilli. Besides the later Mario Bros. cartoons, I hope they release Earthworm Jim: The Complete Series to DVD. Come on, people!)

In theaters this week is the rather offensive looking Black Snake Moan. It has Samuel L Jackson putting Christina Ricci in chains for some damn reason. Let's quickly move on.

Out on DVD is The Best of The Flip Wilson Show. Sigh. Why do studios release these before releasing full season sets? Why do they force us to double dip? Anyway, I've only seen a few episodes shown during a TV Land marathon, but it was a funny show.

Season Five of The Brady Bunch introduces Cousin Oliver! I would say that this lowered the quality of the show if I cared for it.

Here's a Laurel and Hardy DVD featuring five hours of most likely public domain stuff for five bucks.

Speaking of public domain, here's another Three Stooges DVD, also five bucks. I wonder which four shorts I can expect to see. Hmmm.

The Passion Trilogy? They'll make a trilogy out of anything nowadays.

NCAA 2006 Women Finals - Because the Terps won it that year.

In video game news, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is being released for the Virtual Console. This is good for those of you who are too lazy to go to the store and buy The Ocarina of Time Master Quest for the GC for less then 20 dollars.

No comments: