Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Women Who I've Had a Crush On. #1

I've had an idea for another reoccuring, short blog entries about women I've had crushes on. (These would be about actresses and dancers, because I don't want to have any real life people find this blog.)





Louise English was an actress who is most known for being on the Benny Hill show. She was a member of his Hill's Angels, which were women who played a part in his acts and generally wore skimpy clothing. Louise stood out among these women due to her comedic timing and her voice, and she became a semi-regular in the later years of the show.

One of my favorite skits was when she was singing, and Benny Hill started daydreaming about getting married to her character. They're in their honeymoon suite, and Louise is generally being sweet but also teasing. She feeds him just before grabbing some lingerie and walking off screeen. She returns, however, wearing black clothes and a veil. Benny is confused until he looks down and sees that the mushrooms that he's eating look a little funny. His imagined scene ends with Louise and some guy laughing at his corpse.

Another scene I liked her in was when she was a ballerina dancing with Benny. Let's just say the scene ends with a quick kick from her to him.

She was a wonderful singer, and I wish I could remember the name of the song where she sang with a cockney accent. I have the Benny Hill DVD sets but I'll have to look for it.

1 comment:

Lita said...

Louise English isn't a real life person?

I can't take much Benny Hill. If I want to watch an old man act like a pervert in fast motion I'll... I don't know. I can't imagine ever wanting to watch that.

Your word verification is yqibmmmv. That's insane.