Monday, April 9, 2007

This Week in Entertainment (4/9/07)



My Pick of the Week is Super Paper Mario. This is a sequel to the earlier two Paper Mario games, although this one is more of a side-scroller then a full RPG. This game was originally going to be released for the GameCube but Nintendo decided to cancel that version and release it with Wii controls. The plot has something to do with Princess Toadstool and Bowser getting married. Can't wait to pick this one up!

In theaters this week is Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theatres, which is a movie about how two guys and their questionable ad campaign. In it, they plant advertisements that scared the crap out of people. Also, there's probably something about a talking fry holder, milkshake, and piece of meat.

Also opening is The Hoax, about Richard Gere as some guy who made up stuff about Howard Hughes. Didn't Gere star as the crooked defender in Chicago? Is he like a go to guy for swindlers?

Coming out on DVD is the Mel Gibson ultimate Collection. I've seen none of these movies, but I can only assume that they're gory and questionable.

Scooby Doo, Where Are You! - The Complete Third Season is also out. Did you know that there is almost as many episodes of Scooby Doo as the Simpsons? Wow.

I was wondering if nerds were taking too far when I saw the title How William Shatner Changed the World. Then I saw on the video box that it was suppose to explore the science behind Star Trek, which made me laugh. The science in Star Trek is very fictional.

Game Box 1.0 is suppose to be about some game tester who lost a girlfriend and lost himself in video games due to his grief. I'll avoid the obligatory, "He had a girlfriend?" joke and poin out that it's another movie where video game equals 3-d virtual world. I wonder if this movie will make references to Dante's Inferno.


I'd hate to approach a controversial topic, but I have to just this once. 60 Minutes is releasing a dvd about how global warming is doing mean stuff to Antarctica, or the ozone layer or something. I bring this up because I think it's hilarious that they're releasing this three days after it was snowing in our area on the day before Easter.

No comments: