Monday, April 16, 2007

This Week In Entertainment (4/16/07)



My Pick of the Week is a Virtual Console game being released today. (I think. This may be changed later today.) Bonk was one of the few things that made me want to get a Turbo Grafx 16, so I hope to get this game and the original someday.


The rest is just dvds.

Spider-Man 2.1 has extended cuts of the original movie. I don't plan to buy this but I love the Spider-Man movies. Still, I have to wonder why it's 2.1. Why not 2.5? Remember X-Men 1.5?

Also coming out this week is The Venture Bros. Season 2. My friend Rimmi asked me to watch an episode with her once. There was a butterfly guy trying to win the love of a deep voice Jackie O. look-a-like.

The Highlander Ultimate Collection is subtitled The Best of the Best. However, it has 6 dvds, so I'd pass on it. Do you really want to switch between 6 dvds just to watch all of the first movie?

Here's a stinker: America's Funniest Home Videos: Motherhood Madness. Sorry, but it's just not as funny if you hit a woman in the groin with a baseball.

I said in an earlier update that they were releasing Dragon's Lair on Blu-Ray and HD-DVD. I was wrong: it's this week. I still stand by my comments about the game, though. (Heh, and check out the review at amazon for the Blu-Ray game.)

No comments: