Tuesday, November 10, 2009

This Week In Entertainment (11/10/09)


My Pick of the Week includes the short that gave the world the Shemp Bat. It's Volume 7 of the Columbia Three Stooges Shorts. These are from 1952-1954. I believe that the 3d version of Spooks! and Pardon My Backfire are included because the set comes with 3d glasses. Sadly, 1953 marks the year where the team was forced to chop up earlier shorts and add useless new scenes to make "new" shorts.


Also out this week is the latest thing to cash in on the 2012 apocalypse craze. It's 2012, and hopefully it'll be as fun as Independence Day, and not more like The Day After Tomorrow. It's even by the same guy who did those two movies.


Out on DVD is Up, the sweetest damn movie ever. Seriously, the trailers hide the fact that the intro will make you tear up. Pixar is one of the only good movie makers out there.

Did they really make another Christmas themed Clause movie? I don't know if this is related to those terrible Tim Allen movies, but I wish people would cool it on Christmas merchandising. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I wonder if people are purposely trying to cause a backlash against Christmas by overdoing everything.

Parodies are a dime a dozen. (Remember what the internet was like when the first Matrix movie and Star Wars Episode One came out?) Eh, what the heck, here's Star Wrecks. It's Finnish.


On the Wii is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex. I have one of the Call of Duty games for the Wii. It was pretty good, although I was a bit disturbed that I was playing as a Soviet for half the game. I assume this one has you shooting terrorists.

Harvest Moon: Animal Parade is a game where...let me once again point out that I've lost track of these Harvest Moon games.

I just beat Phantasy Star for the Virtual Console before starting this post. Now I can play the prequel, apparently. Phantasy Star Zero is for the DS.


Finally, on WiiWare is Frogger Returns. 500 Wii Poins for street crossing fun.

No comments: