Tuesday, November 3, 2009

This Week In Entertainment (11/3/09)

"What if someone gave you a box containing a button that, if pushed, would bring you a million dollars…but simultaneously take the life of someone you don’t know? Would you do it?" Yes, yes you would. Not hard to reason that people have to die anyway. Box is my Pick of the Week because it sounds so silly but is trying hard to be a thriller, or horror, or something.


Also out this week on DVD is The Clone Wars: Volume One. This show and the movie it was based on admittedly looks good but the character models still make it look cheap. Let me know when you get started on the next trilogy, Lucas.

Japan will make an anime about anything in their isolated culture. For example, here's one for Tower of Druaga. I know it was popular in Japan, but I've played it and it's too friggen hard for an arcade game. You had to do the most random things to get the required treasure on each floor.

I know this is already out but I must poin out this DVD of Exorcist 2, if only because it's a GREAT bad movie. See it for it's laughable "science" and the way Burton says "eeeevil."



Also in theaters is Disney's The Christmas Carol... Really? Come on, Disney. We have plenty retellings of that story. And it's early November. And this is no longer 90s Jim Carrey.


On Wii and various other systems is Lego Rock Band. I remember when I thought lego games were the best thing ever. Didn't last long..


On DS is a game that I thought looked promising at E3 but disappeared since then. It's C.O.P. The Recruit. It looks like a descent GTAish game but I'm nervous due to the fact that it suddenly popped up.


This seems like a joke: Band Hero. I'm not even going to read what it's about. I can't take that seriously.

No comments: