Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Bumblefudge Legacy: Generation 2: Chapter 5

Welcome back!

You may recall that the previous update was kind of weird because the game crashed while I was saving the game session it came from, and there was no way for me to know yet if everything came out ok, if only that playthrough was lost, or if I'd lost the whole game file.

As you can see, there's an update today, so obviously I didn't lose the whole thing, but today you get to find out if reading the last update was worth the time you spent doing it!


There's your answer. Andrea is still pregnant, so now we know that the last update was not reality, but was in fact a spooky look into what might have been.

When I first loaded the game up, there was no Bumblefudge family at all. That was a little scary, but fortunately Sims 3 automatically makes backup saves. I had to go back a in time little bit, but not too far, so I'm happy.

Before we get into the rest of the update, I should mention that I went on a downloading spree and got a TON of new clothes and hairs and things for my Sims. It took a little while to sort it all out. You might notice a couple of new looks in the house as a result of this.

The most notable new download, though, was yet another story mode manager. Yes, this is like the third one I've used. I think this one is here to stay though. It picks up where Indie Stone left off after its former creators had a nervous breakdown and they shot like five people and had to quit modding due to being in prison.

(Yes, of course that's a lie. They actually quit modding for the completely understandable reason that Sims players are whiny bitches.)

So anyway, within a few minutes of installing the new story manager, it barfed out like a million little updates on everybody in town, mainly to do with shuffling Sims around in the workforce. Of all these, only one was of any interest to me at all:

Ha ha! Bitch better watch her step!

This new mod has eight hundred bajillion settings, as you can see if you glance through the link up there. I really didn't want to sit and read useless remarks about every boring event happening to every random nobody in town forever, so I printed out the options and went through them one by one in my game and got the thing all set up. Basically the short version, as far as alerts go, is I'll be alerted to major things, like couples hooking up or splitting up or moving or having babies so I can keep up with the population levels, but little dumb things like promotions (or demotions) or birthdays or skill gains are things I'll only be told about if they happen to family friends or blood relatives.

Ok. That's out of the way. Let's get on with this.

The only major event to happen last time that we need to cover here is the birth of baby Onil. He still came out a boy (so he still gets to be Onil), and the game still declared him a genius and I still declared him a couch potato. Here's his new personality panel:


The only thing that really changed was his favorites. Now he prefers salsa music to the infinitely more hilarious kiddie music, his favorite food is ratatouille, and his favorite color is white. None of this stuff actually matters.


"Come on, kid. I don't want you getting chunky like your mom. Get up there and I want to see you sweat!"

I think wurwolf has a problem.

Also I gave her new hair. I only point it out because I feel like the difference might be subtle enough that you wouldn't notice it if I didn't. This new hair has some nice bangs that I think really soften up wurwolf's look.


How the hell did she manage that? Something must be wrong with Allan. Aside from his being and old, old man.

"Mom. I love you, but stay away from my son."

"Oh, look who gave birth ten minutes ago and thinks she knows how to raise kids better than the proud mother of two beautiful sons over here."

"Both your sons are fucked up."

"Oh, come on! I admit that Boggy is a total loss, but Hero is a fine young man!"



"Well, ok, maybe you have a point."

The random clothing chooser decided that Hero should dress like the gayest of the gay. Now, he might well be the gayest of the gay, and he has the freedom to be so since he's the spare, but I don't think he would dress that way.



This seems to be more his speed. He even knew as a child that his lifetime want was to hit the top of the science career.

The new story mod allows you to enroll your teens into specialized schools if you know which direction you want to send them as adults. I plunked Hero into the Science Academy. I figure the spare is a good choice to experiment with these kinds of things on.


It's Onil's birthday, too! Check it out! He's a blond!

And he's got wurwolf on his mind. I'll stop that train of thought here because wurwolf and Onil are married IRL and this could get creepy.

"Other than the blond thing, I have to say that this is a fairly accurate representation so far."


All toddlers do this, but the animation is so fast that this is the first time I've managed to get a screenshot of it.

Angie, weren't you dating some other dude? What happened there? I didn't get a breakup notice. Are you two-timing? I have a hard time believing you convinced one man to get with you, let alone two.


Playing for tips. It's pretty early in the morning, though, so nobody's listening yet. We'll check back later.


Awesome!! This will help out a lot in the near future because I have a new building project in mind.


Ooo! Look what wurwolf grew!!


Ka-ching!

There are a couple other rare and special plants in the garden as well, but they don't look any different than normal plants... at least not yet.


Check it out! BOG has some fans!

The maid is frowning because Mullet Man in front of her stinks, not because of the music.


You won't recognize the two non-maids standing here, but I sure do. That's Lennie and Myrna Hurfburger, the first Sims I ever made with this game! Hi, you two! I'm amazed you're still alive!

I just remembered that I forgot to show you a decent picture of Onil. Here's one. In addition to the blond hair, he has pretty green eyes. Also the game thought it would be cool to dress him like a girl.

How is she doing this?

Actually, this piece of success I get. Angie has always been good at being aggressive and shouty, and I suspect that's a good trait for the military. Not so good at following orders, though, so maybe I don't get that after all.



Adorable.

That's it for now! See you next time!

Take care!

2 comments:

Tork said...

"You complete me!"

"No, you complete me!"

"No, you compwete me!"

"No, woo comwee me!"

"Wo, woo wowwewe we!"

...

wurwolf said...

See, Onil and I are fated to be together. You can't keep us apart... even if one of us is elderly and the other is just a toddler.