Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Sims 3: Spoooooooooky Halloween Update!

"But Halloween was yesterday!" I hear you cry.

That's just what they want you to think.

OooooooOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!!



Ok, maybe not, but I have downloaded a potentially creepy hack and I thought I'd test it out for you all. It's a breast slider hack. (spooky music plays)



So here's Marsha, our guinea pig Sim. As you can see, she's fit, and her bust looks fine, but it's nothing to brag about. Let's see what we can do.


Fix her face a little, and then on to the good stuff.

For technical reasons, the breast sliders are mixed in with the mouth sliders. That's a little weird, but if that's what they have to do to make it work, I'm cool with it.

The first problem I notice is that in the default mouth view it's hard to get a look at what I'm trying to adjust. I end up having to switch back and forth between the mouth adjustment screen and a full-body screen that lets me get an idea of what I just did. The mirror behind your Sim helps a little, but it's not foolproof.

The next problem is that the sliders are very sensitive. It took no effort to get this result, for example:

Yeeks. And that's not even as bad as I could make it.

Don't look at me like that, Marsha. Now I'll try to give her something halfway natural looking, but larger than her default.



Hm. I guess. It looks ok from this angle, I think.

But the larger you tend to go, the more weirdness you get when you look at it from the sides. See how it looks a little saggy there? I guess that's a hazard with real breasts too, though.

Let's get some clothes on this dame.

It does look better with actual clothing on.

Also I made her blue for some reason.

Out of curiosity, I decided if this hack would also work on men. Meet John "Redman" Spudmeyer.


It looked promising when I saw that the sliders where there, but actually sliding them produced no results. Too bad.

My final verdict? You can do some interesting things with this hack. I can see it being popular with people who like their neighborhoods to be a freakshow as well as certain *cough* other kinds of players. It was kind of a pain to try to make anything realistic, though, so it remains to be seen whether this is a hack will be worth it for me to keep around.

3 comments:

Tork said...

Your picture showed his upper body. Maybe you were looking at the wrong places.

Lita said...

Keep that in mind, Ladies. Tork keeps his breasts somewhere other than his upper body.

PM said...

It's part of being a robot, Lita. They're detachable!