Saturday, March 10, 2007

Demo Fun #7



Today's demo was called "Eddie Murphy", but I scrapped that. It didn't go anywhere. So instead, today's is now called "Running with Girls." It can be found at the usual site.

This may be a controversial demo, assuming anybody cares, because it's authored by United Style Crackers, the same people responsible for Demo Fun #5. I am in no way affliated with that group and will try to avoid them in the future for a while.

Our picture is of a woman lying on her side. She shows us a little leg. In the background is the initials for these well known crackers. Underneath it is the name of the author, Devil.Fox. I bet he makes people pronounce the period. "It's my middle name!"

The demo starts with an enigmatic greeting.

......JJJJIIIIIPPPIII


I bet it's something only him and Izeman know about. Demon announces that he's back again. And about time, too. He tells us that he's the master of masters between two ellipses. Don't be so modest, Fox!

Next comes an odd thing to say:

What about this piggy


I guess if I ever become the master of masters, I'll decide that question marks are for peasants. Oh wait, is he saying "Piccy"? Damn font. Anyway, Devil informs us that as we can see, he likes GIRLS! He likes them almost as much as his computer. I bet he was first in line for Virtual Valerie.

He poins out the little Epyx-like man running on top of the text. There's a reason for it. I'll let Demon put it in his own words.

...... I have promise him to see the girl when the scroll will disappear ......


I'd hate to tell that little guy that the picture isn't really worth it. Poor dope. Anyway, that's the reason the demo is named "Running for Girls", even though there's only one girl.

Now it's time for the self-congratulation of all the demo nerds! This time it's for, and we're talking about special greetings here: Ares ("You don't get it! I'm the god of war!"), Mr. Crowley, and world famous Izeman. Regular greetings go to: Amigos, Azyx (oh dear, the first two and we're already stuck in the As), Clarion, Hornblower, DMD, Mega Boys, Swedish Cracking Institute, The Explorers (Demon apologizes about mispelling their names a couple times), TWR 1881, The Silents (I'm really feeling sorry for the running guy), The Warlocks, The Bit-Boys (Some Playboy has Demon's disks and it's upsetting to him), The Atomic Socety (oops, time for an apology in the next demo by Demon!), The Limit Crew ("We can't do it! We would need 3 more Kbs!"), Danish Circle (This isn't in alphebetical order!?!? NOOO!!!), The Game Masters (insert Captain N reference here), GSS, and Triad (Demon kisses up to them). Phew.

Demon next tells us that he's really keeping the scrolling text going because he doesn't want to show the little guy the picture. Jerk. He asks us if we've seen a demo named "Monster Dog." Sorry, I won't see that for a while now. Oh, Demon is now listing a bunch of demo names. Super. Here goes: "Lucifer My Dad", "Iron Demo", "USC Strikes Back", "Champions Demo", and so on. Or, "and go on."

He asks us if we have a video. Heck, I have a youtube account. "Do you like filmes?" I guess this is one of those quizzes. If I keep answering questions, I'll find out what kind of cracker I am. I hope I'm not an Izeman. "Do you want to swap filmes or games (demos)?" Wink wink. Also, I think games and demos aren't the same thing, unless Xenogears is the only game he's ever played. Demon can be contact at address 4000. I'm not sure if that's an actual address or a virtual one. A lot of ellipses follow. It's now officially a USC trademark.

"What now?" Demon asks. Apparently it's "I'm out of stuff to say so I'll just say random stuff" time, because Demon mentions that it was sunny yesterday. At least, he thinks it was, because that's followed by a dozen question marks.

"And what now?????" Demon finally says bye a few times. It's 11:42pm where ever he is. Demon then reveals that the text will repeat, meaning the running guy will have to run again. Why, he is a demon!!


Stats:

Date - July 24th, 1987
Scrolling text - Standard, with the tortured soul running on top.
Font - Blue, hard to tell the difference between Cs and Gs.
Europeans - Yep.
Bragging about Accomplishments - Actually, he's bragging about his heterosexuality.
Putting other hackers down - Nope.
Listing a ton of other nerds - Yep.
Harsh language - Nope.
Song - 5/10. Not bad but really forgettable. Music has not been USC's strong poin so far.

No comments: