Monday, March 5, 2007

This Week in Entertainment (3/5/07)



What do you get when you cross the Mad Max fad of the eighties with teens rollerskating? You get my Pick of the Week! I can only assume that this movie is filmed with the cheesiness of the decade is was made in.

Also out on DVD is South Park: Season 9. This features the episode that won an Emmy for shilling for Sony and lost an Emmy after pissing off Issac Hayes.

The Borat movie is coming out on DVD. One of my coworkers tried to get the rest of us to see this movie, but we couldn't all be available at the same time. I'm not sure if I would have liked this movie, but I was totally willing to ditch work.

For those who like typos, The Anna Micole Smith Show.

Eddie Murphy reportedly ditched the Oscars after he found out he lost. Good for him! Reward him by picking up this Beverly Hills Cops DVD set, DAMMIT!

Oh crap, now I have that Axel F song thingie in my head.

That's it with DVDs. I'll maybe add something later if Nintendo adds anything interesting to the Virtual Console.

Update: Three VC games, and only one that looks interesting. Super Ghouls and Ghosts (SNES, 800 poins) is a very early SNES game. Uncle Buddy had Ghosts and Goblins, and that was very tough. I think I only got as far as level six legitimately, and probably after many, many continues. Super Ghouls and Ghosts was the first game I played with a double jump, I think. Should be a good one.

No comments: