Monday, March 19, 2007

This Week in Entertainment (3/19/07)



My pick of the week is the sixth Rocky movie. Now, I haven't seen any of the earlier ones yet and I don't really plan to see this one. I just picked this for three reasons. One, there aren't that many good picks this week. Two, any series that launches the careers of Mr. T and Dolph Lundgren has to have some respect. Three, this movie pushes us one step closer to a Rocky VII: Adrian's Revenge.


In theaters this week is the latest TMNT movie. I hope it's good, but the CGI animation in the commercials wasn't working for me. Plus, how the heck long can these guys remain teenagers?

Back to DVD.

Justice League Unlimited - Season Two is coming out. I haven't watched any of the Justice League cartoons so I'm not sure if I would be a big fan of the series, but the Batman cartoons were great so I may eventually watch the earlier Justice League cartoons.

You should watch The Care Bears Movie (25th Anniversary). You know why? Because you care. You Care! YOU CARE!!!!

Mythbusters - Mega Movie Myths (2003). I've only seen one episode of this show, but this looks interesting. I did see them talk about how you can't really get sucked out of a plane like at the end of Goldfinger.

Playboy presents the Anna Nicole Smith Collection. What better way to exploit someone's death then to release all her boob movies!

W.C. Fields Comedy Collection, Vol. 2, because drunk guys are funny!


On the Virtual Console, I think Splatterhouse (TG16, 800 poins) is coming out. I'm curious about this game just because it seems to be so out of date. Far gorier games today most likely blow it away. Still, any game where you where a Jason hockey mask...

1 comment:

The Mickey said...

You know you have no life when the last movie you saw in theaters was the FIRST Ninja Turtles movie....


Whoa...my word verification is "apmhaqt". If the q was gone, it'd be like a PM hat. Tork, steal PM's hat!