Friday, July 13, 2007

Music Video #13


I have a confession. I peaked at today's music video before I started righting this. And it's a song I've actually heard before, although I could have swore it was released earlier then the date wiki lists. It is Crazy by the Round Mound of Rebound, Gnarls Barkley. It is a slim three minutes and can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2B6SjMh_w

I'm trying to figure out where I heard the song before. Is there a commercial that features this song? Anyway, the whole music video is like a kaleidoscope of Rorschach inkblot tests. Right now I'm wondering if Lita chose this song so she could analyze whatever I say. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Gnarl basically sings about going crazy. The first verse is about him losing his mind. The second verse he's telling the listener that they are crazier then they believe. Third verse he talks about his heroes, who sound like war heroes but it's not really clear. He wants to be like his heroes. Sorry if that's not a huge explanation, but I'm starting at the lyrics right now and I'm not sure what he means in the first verse. He just seems to be describing what it was like for him to lose his mind. If there's anything more I'm missing it.

Anyway, the visuals are a simple, neat idea. Gnarls appears in the inkblots, similar to the video I watched earlier this month with the 3d pin art. We get the usual inkblots, like one that look like butterflies and some devil imagary (and I'm not including the part where Gnarls becomes a devil.) I could have sworn I saw Osama at one poin, but maybe I'm weird. One looks like a kingdom with it's drawbridge down and a rainbow over it.

HEY! He just poined to his head and made a circling gesture, then poined to me! Jerk.

The awesome part of this video is when the inkblots burst into other creatures, except the spiders. This is a good song, good video, and one of the best music videos I've done this month.






But before I kill you Mr. Bond, I want you to tell me what you think when I show you this picture.

2 comments:

Lita said...

Woo! I finally picked a song that Tork doesn't hate! Score 1 for me!

This song is relatively recent. I first saw the video with Stumble Upon, and then started hearing it on the radio, too. I think the video is great. The inkblot effects are really interesting and well done. The head explosion one near the end still makes me kind of wince sometimes.

Lita said...

I have nothing new to say except that the new word verification that just came up is knwty, which is clearly "naughty." Tork, your blog is such a perv.