Thursday, July 26, 2007

Music Video #26


Today's video features the return of White Stripes. The video is named "Seven Nation Army" and can be found here.

Whoa, that's not a bad video, but I felt like I was going to throw up if I watched for two long. The video's gimmick is that it starts with an upside-down V, and several images of White Stripes appear underneath each V. It's almost like they're trying to look up each other's clothing. Good thing they're both wearing pants, since they're no longer married. The video only uses reds, white, black, and a really washed out green. There are a couple other images with marching skeletons and a red elephant. That's the whole visual part of the video in a nutshell.

The song's refrain is entirely instrumental. Too lazy to write one, no doubt!

The song is catchy with a memorable background beat. I just can't figure out the lyrics. I'm staring at them right now and I'm drawing a blank.

Watching the video again, I just noticed that sometimes the White Stripes flash. Great, this video probably caused a few seisures.

Ok, this'll probably disappoin Lita, but I went to an unofficial website to figure out what the song is about. According to JAck White, it's a song about a guy showing up in a town who gets cranky about the gossip about him. Now the lyrics are making more sense, especially the second verse where he talks about how everybody has a story to tell. I just wish it was a little better explained for someone as thick-headed like myself.



Pictures later. Update: Pictures now.

1 comment:

Lita said...

Well, you've managed what I could not. I have never watched that video all the way through. Every time I've tried I've started to feel sick by the time it gets to the first chorus. I never even saw the skeletons or the elephant. (That's why I gave you an alternative video. I can't really force you to watch a video I can't watch myself.) It's a great song, though, and that's why I linked it for you.

Can you handle one last video by Fatboy Slim? New video, complete with asshat advertisement for the guy who ripped it at the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMZwZiU0kKs
At least he didn't put a stupid bug on there all the way through, I guess.

word verification is bobbbhy. Dammit, Bobby!