Monday, July 16, 2007

This Week In Entertainment (7/16/07)


I'm going to hold off the Pick of the Week for now.

Update: Duh. How could I forget? My Pick of the Week is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'm going to buy a copy as soon as possible so I can attempt to avoid the spoilers that will be everywhere in a matter of days. Let's hope J.K. doesn't stoop to an ending where Harry and Voldemort talk out their problems.





On DVD, we have Space Ghost and Dino Boy. I remember watching Space Ghost (probably on Cartoon Express) but I don't remember Dino Boy. It's nice to see his humble, pre-talk show origins.

The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog was the "comedic" Sonic series that ran along side the more serious Saturday morning series.

"Honey, I'm pregnant." "Aww, shoot. We better pick up a video that'll teach us how to be good parents."

Pardon my anti-soccer bias, but is there really a such thing as a list of greatest goals?

Dude, it's just stretching.

There were a number of DVDs listed as "Totally Awesome 80s double features, but I'll just list this one because I've seen it and it stars Jim Carrey. I had to laugh that another set had Last American Virgin. From what I heard, it isn't exactly totally awesome.

In theaters this week is Hairspray. From the clues I've pieced together, it's about John Travolta doing his version of Weird Al's Fat video.

Don't!

Good idea, Adam Sandler! The gay humor well worked for Cuban Gooding Jr., right? I predict the last fourth of the movie will be a cya message.

Update:

I would have made this my pick of the week if it wasn't for a certain book. Paper Mario is coming out for the Wii Virtual Console. The Paper Mario series isn't as great as Mario RPG, but they're still fun. I haven't played this one in a while.

No comments: