Monday, July 2, 2007

Music Video #2

Today's video is Coffee and TV, two things that I don't bother with anymore. Except when I play video games. Whatever. It's by Blur. Despite that name, the video lasts over 6 minutes! It can currently be found here at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWUil383us4



Ok, now I've watched it. It seems to be some old guy and his wife have a picture of Kim Jong-il and they miss him or something. Then a carton of milk dances but fails to get their attention. Milk goes on a trip to find Kim, but finds that the world is often cruel. Eventually he finds some dork who's in a band. Dork goes home, drinks the carton to death, and carton goes to heaven.

I'm watching a second time because I missed the lyrics the first time. Something about wanting coffee and tv because they're going blind or something. I wouldn't think tv was a cure for being virtually brain dead, but maybe I've heard too much anti-tv propaganda.

I think the song is about retreating from reality. Maybe. That's what I get from the refrain.

By the way, I'm terrible at making out lyrics unless the singer is really clear. I'm sticking my ear next to the speaker to make out some of the stuff he's singing right now. I wish the guitar wasn't as loud.

Ok, so the first verse is asking if your life sucks. Bored? Floored? Coffee and tv will solve that!

Sensibility? Huh? Also, I don't think it's a good idea to marry the singer. Doesn't sound like a marriage that would last a couple months.

Getting married to start over?! Yeesh, I would so object at the wedding.

I saw the death of the pink carton coming a mile away, and I still felt bad. Does that make me weird?

Huge basement where Blur is.

The milk cartons are cute, although I hope I never see one in the store. Still, they're clearly the awesome thing about this video.

1 comment:

Lita said...

You know, they make these things called headphones. You plug them into your speakers and then wear them on your head and then you can hear without having to put your head right up to the speakers.

Also, Kim Jong-Il? I think you missed the plot of this video.

Tomorrow's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSfndZfKFNU