Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Redskins Watch (7/3/07)


You ever watch or hear a sports show where they look at a football schedule and guess which games a team will win, even though it's completely poinless to do so? Well...



Preseason - @ Tenn, Pitts, Bal, @ Jax

Preseason is useless as far as standings go, but it will be fun watching who the third string QB will be. I also hope that Mark Brunell doesn't do better then Jason Campbell. I'm just saying.



Regular Season


Sep 9. - Miami

When is the last time Miami has been any good? Who's their QB this time? Let me check....OH MY GOSH, Calpepper and a bruised up, aging Green? Yikes. I think Saban made the right decision.

Poinless prediction - Win



Sep 17 (Monday) - @ Phi

Jeez, it's too early in the season to have an away game at Philly. The last time we did this we got the media to show an infinite loop of Spurrier's weird face. Anyway, I think Philly is still the team to beat in the NFC East, even though I'm sure Dallas will be the hot pick.

Poinless prediction - Lost


Sep 23 - NYG

The Giants will probably be good but not great as they have been. They'll probably have a decent replacement for Tiki this year. Anyway, if we're going to beat the Giants, it's going to be at home.

Poinless prediction - Dramatic win. (Could be blown away if the Skins just plain suck this year like they did last year.)



Bye Week

What is up with early bye weeks? During our Superbowl, we got the bye after week eight. Is there even a poin to bye weeks anymore?

Poinless prediction - Local sports guy's joke that the Redskins can't lose this week.



Oct. 7 - Detroit

The Lions are a joke. And they never beat us in Washington, unless Norv Turner gave one away, which he probably did.

Poinless prediction - Win. If we lose this one, it's going to be a loooooooong season.



Oct 14 - @ GB

I'm still pissed at the game 3 years ago where we would have won the game but a penalty cost us the game. And in the end, it got the election wrong anyway. Anyway, year "I lost count" of Green Bay being too chicken to get rid of Farve.

Poinless prediction - I'm going to say win, even though it's crazy of me to predict too many wins right now.



Oct 21 - Ari

Here's a thing I've always believed about the NFL - wins against the Cardinals should be automatic. That used to be the case before Norv was our coach.

Poinless prediction - Win. I don't see the Redskins going on a three game winning streak, but they should win this individual game.



Oct 28 - @ NE

If the Skins win this game, I'll be very surprised.

Poinless prediction - Lost.



Nov 4 - @NYJ

The Jets haven't been on my radar for a while, but they seemed to be good in their playoff lost last year. Besides, Gibbs hasn't had much luck versus AFC opponents since his return.

Poinless prediction - Lost, and local sportscasters will start the annual "We're 2-6, we better turn this around or we'll be eliminated soon!"



Nov 11 - Phi

Most likely the Skins will play the Eagles better this week. Getting killed several weeks earlier will be fresh in their memories.

Poinless prediction - Agonizing lost.



Nov 18 - @ Dal

We don't have to play them during Thanksgiving Day? Thank God! Anyway, during the 2000 season, after Norv got canned, we had to play them at Dallas. We got our butts kicked, but the thing I'll always remember is some Dallas player who started throwing punches at some Redskin player. For some reason, they were BOTH thrown out, which was utterly ridiculous. That still boils my blood today, and ever since I've always thought it was impossible for the Redskins to win in Dallas because of the refs.

Poinless prediction - Lost, and I don't find out the score until afterwards.



Nov 25 - @ TB

A couple years ago these two teams fought a memorable playoff game, but now they seem to both be rebuilding. I expect Tampa Bay to recover first, of course. By the way, do you know that this team currently has Chris Simms, Jake Plummer, Jeff Garcia, Bruce Gradkowski, and a McCown? I bet their local sports guys are salivating at the thought of a QB controversy.

Poinless prediction - Lost. (But ask me again in September when I found out who their head QB is.)



Dec 2 - Buf

Poor Buffalo has sucked for quite a while now. I don't know much about Losman to say anything.


Poinless prediction - Win. I see a slight reprieve to a long streak of losses.



Dec 6 (Thursday) - Chi

As much as I would love to play Chicago during the obligatory "we lost the Superbowl so we're now going to collapse" year, this game will happen only four days after the Bears game! Yikes.

Poinless prediction - Lost. Lots of complaints about the schedule will follow.



Dec 16 - @ NYG

You know, I'm still a bit traumatized after the Giants game a couple years ago where they killed us in a shut out. The revenge we got on them later that year doesn't remove all the pain.

Poinless prediction - Lost!



Dec 23 - @ Minn

I would love to win this game just to pay them back after losing to them at home on the opening game of last year. Maybe they'll be in the playoff hunt and we'll ruin their chances!

Poinless prediction - Lost, even though Brooks Bollinger and Drew Henson are two names that don't fill me with fear.



Dec 30 - Dal

Here's the way I see it. If we're in the playoff hunt with a 9-6ish record, no way Dallas will let us beat them. If we're long eliminated and Dallas is already in, we'll kill them. If we're long eliminated and Dallas needs to win to get in, they'll find a way to break our hearts. Bastards.

Poinless prediction - Close win.



And the tally is........ 7-9. See you when the preseason starts!

No comments: