Sunday, July 29, 2007

This Week In Entertainment (7/30/07)



My Pick of the Week is Picross DS for the DS. I was a big fan of the original Mario Picross for the Game Boy but I never picked up a copy. This version allows you to download custom puzzle, too.

Out on DVD, it's the Popeye 1933-1937 collection. These are the black and white cartoons that (I think) start with the "Strike Up the Band" theme song. I still remember watching a few of these on Cartoon Network with Lita. I teased her by suggesting that Popeye was right when he sung about how fickle women can be. This would have been the Pick of the Week during most other weeks.

Back to video games, we have Mario Strikers: Charged for the Wii. I didn't get the GameCube version, so I might think about this one. I don't have time to try the online option, though.

Here I found an odd entry for a couple fifties game shows. I used to watch Game Show Network a lot and liked it back when they showed a ton of fifties game shows on Sunday night. The people were polite and classy even when they were doing goofy stuff.

NFL Greatest Follies 3: And on our next dvd, the signing of Vick's contract!

History Channel 2 (the non WW2 channel) presents: The secrets of Fort Knox. You see, one time this British agent and this big asian guy with a killer derby...

No comments: