Saturday, July 7, 2007

Music Video #7


Today's music video is done by a band that is famous for one of it's letters around. This is Only by Nine In Backwards-N ails and it's only four and a half minutes long.

It can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMUUXUTq8KU

Ok, video is over. The visuals aren't as neat as the fractured realities in the first music video I saw this month, but it's pretty good. It's very simple, too. While the camera occasionally looks at a cup of coffee, a lap top, and kinetic balls, most of the music video is about the lead singer showing up in 3d pin art, whatever that's called.

From what I gathered from the refrain (there is no you, only me), the song is about a psycho. Or a psychopath. I keep forgetting which one is which.

Second go through, the first verse seems to confirm a theme. It's all about withdrawing from the world and becoming transparent.

The latter part of the song has him talking about picking at a scab. Dope. That'll just leave a scar, then you'll feel ugly and become even more willing to be a psycho(path)!

I like the part where the camera follows the kinetic balls slamming down. I also think the best visual is when the guy walks foward in the 3d pin art.

Neat video. Ok song.


1 comment:

Lita said...

Wow! You almost liked this one! You're right about the song being about a nut job. That would be Trent Reznor. (Or at least the image he likes to portray of himself. I don't know enough about the actual man to know how much of that is put on.)

Anyway, I enjoy this video too, and it's in my folder of videos I've ripped from You Tube. I also enjoy the song, but, as I've said, I like dark songs.

Here's your new video and a little background:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvnHtO6daQM

I didn't like this one at first because the song didn't do much for me, but there is one specific thing in this video that is massively awesome and that hooked me into watching it enough times to notice other awesomeness scattered throughout the video. By now I've watched it enough that I like the song too.

So your job will be to identify the one specially awesome thing. Don't bother trying to figure out any deeper meaning to the song. You'll see why, I think.