Monday, July 30, 2007

Music Video #29



Did we have a Weezer video this month? Because today's video is done by them and is called Hash Pipe. It's 3 minutes short.


I see. Lita is punishing me for something, because she's given me a video with sumo wrestlers. That's a lot of cellulite I had to watch wobbling. And those diapers are always upsetting. I can't wait until they remake Street Fighter for the XBox 360 and they make E. Honda glossy and cellulitey.

Holy cow. I was too busy watching the video to hear the high-pitched lyrics, but watching a second time it seems to be about a hooker. The singer talks about how all the men want this person's behind, and he/she mentions the word business. (Since it's around Santa Monica, I can't rule out that it's not a guy.) Meanwhile the sumos do sumo stuff. Throw salt, cause earthquakes, look fat, etc. There's a rather unneeded zoom into a butt. The refrain has the singer asking to be kicked and being on a hash pipe. Being a hooker sucks. The sumos follow each other around like elephants.

The second verse starts, but it seems nonsensical. I'm not sure what knee-flavored stocking means. Anyway, the rest of the video finally has a couple wrestlers wrestle. But first, they sissy slap! And then a few sumos even pick up some guitars and contribute! I'd guest they have to if Weezer keeps playing in their sumo circle. The video ends, appropriately enough, with one sumo falling on the other.

I'm not a fan of the video. There, I said it. It certainly can't be the best video featuring sumos ever. The song is catchy, but it's dark, given how it's about a prostitute doing drugs.

And I think I remember which video Weezer did. The one with the milk cartons going to heaven. I remember the geeky singer's face.



1 comment:

Lita said...

No Tork. That wasn't Weezer. That was Blur.

And I was going to give you a different Weezer video but your comments on the last video pushed me over the edge.

I'll make it up to you with this video. There's a girl in it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiI_caFfquA
This is the video that made me a lesbian-- for like a half hour. (The story behind that statement isn't remotely as interesting as you might think it would be.)

The video quality isn't great and the sound quality is tinny, but the only other version of this video I could find managed to be even worse. It's just as well, though. You couldn't be bothered to look and see if that video on your own blog was who you thought it was. You don't deserve hi-res dancing girls.