Sunday, August 24, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (8/26/08)



My Pick of the Week is the third volume of Three Stooges shorts. This set takes us into the forties. Trivia: The Three Stooges were the first to mock Hitler in a time where the Hayes Codes forced movies to be politically neutral.


In theaters this week we have Disaster Movie, the latest in the line of "____ Movie" movies. Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer are in jail somewhere, right? Right?


On DVD is the latest Little Mermaid movie, which looks to be a prequel. Remember, if your series starts to suck, go backwards!

I'm not sure if this movie is any good, but it's a modern puppet version of Dante's Inferno.

Here is both animated Discworld movies in one set. I think Wyrd Sisters is the better movie, even if I can't understand what Granny says.


In books (Yes, I read books. Once in a while) we have a collection of essays about the Discworld. May be a fun read before the paperback version of Making Money comes out.

On the Wii we have Mario Sluggers, a sequel to the GameCube baseball game. I don't know if this allows you to swing a bat like Wii Sports, but it darn well should.


For the DS we have PictoImage, where you have to guess what a picture is while it's being drawn. Reminds me of Anticipation.

Finally, also on the DS is the latest Harvest Moon game. This time you farm on an island.

No comments: