Thursday, August 14, 2008

Video Game #14: Super Dodge Ball


Hi!

Tork had a different game for me today, but he told me if I've played it before to play this one instead. I HAVE played that other game before, and it's really not my favorite in its specific genre, so I'm totally fine with playing this thing.

If only I knew how.

Definitely picking easy mode since I'm a first timer. I only screenshotted this because that little dude hopping across the screen is adorable. (Well, he is in action, anyway.)

This is my team in the green shirts. We play for the US. This is our very first game, against those filthy pigs on... the other US team.

This is dodgeball, so our job is to throw a ball around and smack the crap out of dudes. If you hit a guy on the other team he might lose two or even three hit poins! If he hits you with one of his balls, you can lose nine or even 12 hit poins! Not fair!

Look at this miscarriage of justice!

If one of your guys gets enough snot beaten out of him he turns into an angel and flies away to heaven.

Nobody stops to mourn.


I can't help but think this game would be easier if I knew what any of these buttons do.

Yeah, you just sit there and gloat, you mass-murdering bastards! We lost good men in there!

I still had lots of time left after my devistating loss, so I tried again. This time I hit on the strategy of having my dude stand right next to the center line and grab the ball right out of the other team's hands when they run up to the line to throw it. This seemed to work, and I slowly chipped away at their defenses.

Eat that tasty frosty cold revenge, you jerks!

Blimey!


Level 2 is in England. You can tell because of London Bridge in the background. You can also tell because our opponents are in pink and have names like James, Scott, and Henry. You can also tell because generations of inbreeding have turned Scott into a horrible terrifying trogolodytic monstrosity.

I quit here. My time was up and I wanted to end on a positive note after killing all those Yanks. This game is cute, though all the sprites on the screen causes an annoying flicker. Did they ever update this game for SNES? If they didn't they should have. A couple more buttons would have been neat! (And I wouldn't have known what those do either.)

1 comment:

Tork said...

This game is great. If you want, you can try the free-for-all mode after you master the regular mode. It's you vs the rest of the American team in a yard and there's no rules. My sister and I would eliminate everyone else and goof off with our two guys. We would run around like idiots and jump up against the wall and bounce back. I love this game and I almost bought the GBA version but I don't know if it's as good.