Friday, August 8, 2008

Video Game #7: Final Fight

You know what was the most difficult thing about this one? Figuring out how to screenshot with any of my available SNES emulators. In the end I didn't figure it out at all. I had to take the old Ctrl+Print Screen and crop out the extra crap in Paint Shop route, and that blows.

I'll try not to let it ruin my evening, though. I also noticed that yesterday's blog entry should have been labeled Video Game #6, not #5, but you know what? I'm not going to freak out about that, either. You know why? Because Tork forgot to give me a condition for today's game, that's why. I was free to play for as long or as little as I wanted and I didn't have to actually try or anything. That's nice when you have to let go of your controller for a couple of seconds to get a screenshot. (That's a lot of time in an action game!)

Let's get to it, though. Here's your title screen:



I haven't played this game before, so when Tork asked me if I would rather play it or some other crappy game I wasn't sure. When he told me it was like the Ninja Turtle arcade games, though, that sealed it for me. The Ninja Turtle arcade games ruled. That other crappy game can go blow!

This game has an introductory sequence. I love these things.


Ah. Our old future.

We open with Mayor Haggar sitting in his office and he decides to watch TV. I didn't get a shot of that. I did get a shot of what comes on his TV, though:



Boobs! I got so distracted I didn't manage to wait for all that text to unfurl before I screengrabbed. Miss Buxley up there is actually Mayor Haggar's daughter. She's been kidnapped by jerks!


This jerk, to be precise. He thinks he can just walk all over the Mayor! Since I'm the one with the controller and I've never played this game before, I predict that he will be correct.

Thank you, Random Guy I Bumped Into At the Gym!



Oh, you better believe I'm playing as Mayor Haggar. Look at him! Wouldn't you vote for him if he ran for Mayor of your town?



Please forgive the cruddyness of the actual in-game screenshots. Like I said, ctrl+Print Screen is not a convenient button combination when you're in the middle of an action game.

So pretty much there only seems to be a jump button and a crotch punch button. The one attack button actually unleashes a number of pro-wrestlingish attacks based on the situation, which is fine. I'm no enemy of button mashing. (I find it funny that Firefox's spellchecker has no objection to the word "wrestlingish.")



Eventually this guy showed up. I punched him a lot and did like some suplexes and even maybe piledrived him one time. All with the mashing of one button.


I only took this shot because I want to try to read the graffitti on the subway doors. Looks like "ToRK DEE SINE SINE..." and then I can't read the rest. Looks like Tork has been up to some evil mathgeekery.



In the end, I didn't manage to rescue Mayor Haggar's daugher. And I got the mayor blown up. I'm sorry, Mayor Haggar. Blame the screenshots. And Tork. I'm sure your pecs will save you.

2 comments:

Tork said...

I don't actually have this game but I played it at a relative's once. I also like the arcade game the couple times I played it. These games get repetitive after a while but are fun.

Your next game is GUH-ROOOOOVY!

wurwolf said...

That is the Jesse Ventura of mayors.