Sunday, August 3, 2008

Video Game #3: Pac-Man 2

Not much build up for this, my first Sega Genesis game. I told Tork before we started this that I'd never played the Genesis before. He decided that this should be my introduction to the system.


Thanks. Thanks a lot. Tork gave me 10 minutes to beat the first level.

The game opens with our cast of characters and a huge stack of lies.








We're only going to meet one of these people. That's just as well. This game blows.


I've actually played the SNES version of this game. It blows too, but not as much as the Genesis version. The plot is that Pac Man suffers from a severe case of Retarded and you are his caretaker. Like many caretakers of the mentally disabled, you are abusive and horrible and you rule Pac-Man's life with a slingshot.

You're supposed to shoot at things in Pac-Man's environment and things may or may not happen. You can also hit a button to tell Pac-Man to LOOK at things, and he will promptly either ignore you or glare at you for daring to do your job.

I spent most of my time trying to get him to look at that stupid envelope on the ground. He wants to find the plane that's stuck in the tree, but that is not my will.


LOOK YOU STUPID YELLOW BASTARD YOU!!!!



Pretty much it only took about 5 minutes for me to get sick of this moron ignoring my commands so I spent the rest of the time shooting him with my slingshot. I shot his dog too, hoping that it would bite him, but no such luck.

Tork challenged me to get through level 1. I couldn't even get out of the front yard. Even when I shot the exact things the Intrusive Tutorial Screen told me to, Pac-Man would just ignore me. Fine, Pac-Man. Be a reclusive shut-in. I hope your whole world gets eaten by that David Bowie looking shadow guy. Jerk.

2 comments:

Tork said...

Well, I blew that first impression. I should have went with Altered Beasts. (Believe it or not, I put an asterisk next to this title on my notebook. Doh!)


I want to give you a SNES game next, but I only have one on my list that could be done in about 5 minutes. I'm giving you a choice by email.

The Mickey said...

An asterisk?


I knew it! Pac Man was on steroids!!!!!!