Thursday, August 14, 2008

Video Game #13: Adventure

Tork has this challenge for me today: 14 minutes to grab the chalice and take it back to the palace. Play level 2 if you can beat level one in time.

Chalice to the palace in 14 minutes. Fine. Let's see what we're dealing with.

Ah.

See that yellow dot? The one under that black grid thing? That dot is you, the player. Oh boy.

The main thing to do in this game seems to be to grab stuff and put it inside the castle. That's what I did, anyway. Like that yellow key, there. I picked it up and put it in the castle.


This seahorse did not want me to take the black key, but I did anyway. Then I put it in the castle.

(Yes Tork, I know, Strongbad called it a duck. I don't care. Looks more like a seahorse to me.)


I stored this arrow in the castle for a while, too. But then I decided to take it out and carry it around for a while. I don't know what it's supposed to be. Looks like a sword when it's on this side, but for a while I was carrying it so it was more like <--[]. That would make it a spear? I don't know. I might have killed a seahorse with it later, but it's also possible it just died of old age. The yellow arrow does not help me get into the black castle.

The black key, however, does.

I trade in my key for a rad Fu Manchu mustache.

Somehow the mustache helped me get ahold of the sacred longhorns. I started getting attacked randomly by seahorses all the time after this, but it was ok because by this time I was starting to notice that the seahorses don't seem to actually hurt me at all.

See? He's just hanging out. Even when he bites me nothing happens.

This is me bringing the Sacred Longhorns back into the castle. The game rewards you with an epileptic-fit-inducing lazer light show. Then it freezes.

I had 6 minutes left but the so-called Level 2 seemed to be to float endlessly in a timeless void, so I decided to leave that to the gaming professionals. I'm still considering this challenge beaten.

1 comment:

Tork said...

This game is far more fun than it looks, but you have to play it in the second game mode to really appreciate it. In that mode they add a much more nasty dragon and a bat drops off items at random places. I hate that bat.