Thursday, August 21, 2008

Video Game #20: Metal Gear

It's the game that launched a thousand fanboys! Today I look at...


I don't know who these guys are or if it's good or bad that they're parachuting out here.

Here is Solid Snake
He is standing in the woods
He has a dumb name.

We're all the way out in the middle of nowhere and we've only been here for 3 seconds and already the damn cell phone is ringing. Let's see what's up.




"Grey Fox"? Is that Raiden?



Yeah. I'm totally going to remember that.

Snake's cell phone makes a really annoying noise when the call ends. I don't know who thought that would be a good idea. Let's go.

So here is a guy. Is he friend or foe? This is a game so I'll assume foe. Too bad all Snake can do is this really crappy punch.

SO AM I!! LET'S TAKE A NAP BUDDY!!

AS DO I!!

It took a while before I figured out it's the dude in grey shouting this out and not Snake. I go attack the guy with my wimpy punches and he chases me to the bottom of the screen.

Where I am mauled by dogs.

It's about this time I remember that Solid Snake is supposed to be a master of stealth and that the Metal Gear games are stealth games. With that in mind, I have Snake patiently wait for the dude to FEEL ASLEEP and then sneak out the bottom of the screen.

Time to sneak around the doggies...

AHHHH!!! Curse their keen sense of smell!!!

AHHHHH!!!

So the way I just went turned out to be the wrong way. It led to that path on the left which in turn led to a dead end. I sneak back around and end up here, where Snake punches a sleeping dog to death. Our hero, ladies and gentlemen!

These guys turned out to be easier to sneak around than I thought they would be. They were not smart.

Ok... Now to use stealth to stealthily sneak around these other dudes...

AAAAAGGHHHH!!! NO!!! THE STABBING! THE STABBING!!! IT HURTS!!!

I guess that's it for Metal Gear. I'm no good at stealth.

3 comments:

PM said...

That's one of the toughest parts of the whole game, Lita. Once you get past that to the first building, it gets easier. Especially once you get the pistol and a few rations.

Tork said...

"We're all the way out in the middle of nowhere and we've only been here for 3 seconds and already the damn cell phone is ringing."

Now you know what it's like to play Metal Gear Solid!

The stealth in this game is a pain because you have to guess sometimes due to the 2d. You did no worst than anybody else who've played this game for the first time.

wurwolf said...

Aw! Doggies!