Monday, August 11, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (8/11/08)


Today's Pick of the Week is Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode One. It's a click and pick game starring the Homestar Runner universe. I won't download it today but I will get it as quickly as I can. I believe it's 1000 Wii Poins which is pricey for a five part series but it'll be worth it.



Also out in the world of video games is the latest Madden game. I have Madden from last year so I don't see the poin of picking this game up. It's not like I'm a Favre fan or anything.



Moving onto movies, we have the awful looking The Clone Wars. I don't think it's a rehash of the Cartoon Network stuff like I originally thought, but it doesn't matter. The style looks terrible. I wonder if it's possible for a Star Wars film to not be number one in it's first week in theaters.

Tropic Thunder looks like a dumb comedy about a war movie turned real (for wacky results.) I'd ignore it, but today I saw that a retard joke caused a chairmen of the Special Olympics wanted congress to condemn this movie as hate speech. Can we have congress condemn it as dumb looking instead?

If Fly To The Moon has such "groundbreaking 3-D animation", then why is it being put up against the Star Wars film to be slaughtered?


Out on DVD is South Park Season 11. The season was up and down in my opinion, but Imaginationland and The List were great.

I never watched Dave's World, but this reminds me. Whatever happened to the Night Court guy?

I can't believe this movie was more well-known. Ninja Cheerleaders probably sounds like a dumb meme, though.

Half Past Dead stars Steven Seagal way past his prime. I find it funny that this copy allows you to put the movie on your pc or PSP. That's exactly what I want on my expensive portable!

2 comments:

wurwolf said...

Au contraire, mon ami. Tropic Thunder is shaping up to be the feel-good comedy of the summer.

Lita said...

When my brother and I went to see Dark Knight and saw the preview for Tropic Thunder I told him, "This movie will either be completely awesome or it will totally blow." I don't see there being any middle ground there.

The Special Olympics getting their panties in a twist because of somebody in a movie saying "retard" is pretty silly. Them requesting an act of congress to stop people from seeing it because of a joke is not only pretty unAmerican (First Amendment, suckas!) but also sure to cause all kinds of free publicity and make lots of people want to see the evil movie that got banned.