Monday, August 11, 2008

Video Game #11: Seaquest

Tork sez: You've seen this game before, but you haven't played it. Five minutes. Show us your high score.

Tork overestimates my knowledge of Atari games.


Tork says he's giving me bonus poins if I remember where I've seen this. I'm going to guess it was in an episode of MST3K. I couldn't tell you which episode before, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were Devil Fish.


My pallete swapped and I don't know why.

So you play as the little yellow submarine and you're zooming around underwater and all these other dudes and fish are trying to kill you.


It took me a while to figure it out since everything else in this game kills you, but you want to grab the little blue dudes that are swimming around. I guess you're rescuing them.


You are rescued, dude!

Like I said, everything else kills you. All the other stuff swimming in the water kills you. Running out of oxygen kills you (though you can put just your nose above water and preserve oxygen). If you get your submarine all full up of guys you can't get any more until you pull your sub above the waterline to clear them out, but don't go above water if you don't have a bunch of guys because it kills you.


There's my high score, as of when I lost all my lives after my five minutes were up. The little dudes will have to swim away from fish and evil submarines without me.

I guess this game was fun for Atari. It moves fast and is engaging in the same way those web browser games where you have to keep your mouse poiner from touching stuff that flies around the screen is engaging. I could tell what I was supposed to be looking at and that was nice. You can definitely do worse, as Atari games go.

1 comment:

Tork said...

Yay! Lita gets the bonus poins! Take all you want.

I didn't play this game until it was on Activision collections. Good game, but Lita's right about how it would be seen as a flash game nowadays.

You're next game is a game that I like and everybody else seems to hate. 13 minutes to try to beat the first level.