Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Eighteenth Day of Christmas...




Today's gift is an ordinary box used to hold NES games. I got it in 1991, probably. It's blue. It's clear. The price tag says that it was under a couple bucks.

Why am I showing this? Interesting story about this thing. One year I was sooooo sure I was going to get a Game Boy. I probably heard my parents whisper those two words and I just assumed I was going to get one. I was so sure that there was this one gift left out on a table that I was sure was proof that I was going to get a Game Boy. This gift dominated my thoughts up till Christmas so I never got a good look at any of the other gifts.

When Christmas came, I was given a choice of what to open first, and this gift was it. I was so expecting a Game Boy game, since the boxes for those was the same size as this thing. I was told by my parents that some relative gave them the money to buy a Game Boy, but they decided against it because they were worried it was going to ruin my sight. They bought this case because they thought someone was going to get me the NES version of Monopoly, which never happened. So I was left disappoined that year.

The very next year I got a Game Boy.

1 comment:

wurwolf said...

Oh wow. Heartless! Your parents made you wait a whole year for a Gameboy! Poor, poor Torrk.