Monday, December 24, 2007

The Twenty-Third Day of Christmas...


Today's gift is not the one in the picture I'm including. I couldn't find today's gift. I hope you enjoy this substitute. Anyway, in Christmas 89 I got two sports toys : basketball and soccer.

These toys had clear bubble domes like this one, but they were much smaller. Instead of sticks, you moved the ball by pushing 6 or 8 buttons. The basketball or soccer would roll around on the board until it landed in a hole. Each player looks for the number next to the hole and try to push it first. The first person to push their button advances the ball further.

The soccer had a couple extra features. It had only six buttons, and the holes in the middle were for one player instead of both. You also had access to a goalie with a lever. You could slide it back and forth to block shots. The goalie made the soccer game more interesting than basketball.

Our version of soccer had it's dome crushed inward. I've always meant to poke a hole in it so I could pull it outward but I never did.

If I ever find either of these two toys I'll post a better pic.

No comments: