Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Twenty-Second Day of Christmas...



Wow, it's almost Christmas. Today's gift is a portable cassette player with AM/FM radio. I got this in the early nineties. This is a Lenoxx Sound, and apparently the company is still around.

The story behind this gift is that during our annual Christmas party, one of my relatives gave me a headset radio player. That thing was orange or neon pink and had an antenna on one side. The next day we went to Uncle Buddy's and my dad's stepdad had a gift for me. He moaned when he saw me wearing the other radio headset because he gave me this gift. Luckily they were different enough that it wasn't a big deal.

I mentioned before that I used to tape Simpsons episodes on cassette, so I used to listen to Who Shot Mr. Burns on this sucker a lot. I also listened to Caps games on both radios, since that was about the only thing I used the radio for.

I broke the door, but it still works. I bet it still works but it needs to be cleaned a little.

Ok, 3 more to go!

No comments: