Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Fifteenth Day of Christmas...



Today's gift is one I got sometime in the last decade, but don't ask me when. It's a Dilbert Christmas doll.

We first got Dilbert in the Washington Post sometime when I was a sophomore in high school in the mid-nineties. It's a great comic that has taught me all I know about businesses. (I got The Dilbert Principal just for the comics but actually read the words one day.) So it wasn't long before I started bugging my parents for a couple of the Dilbert collection books. In my (more) illiterate days, I would go to the humor section of the bookstore and read the Dilbert books I didn't have.

Of course, bugging your parents to buy you stuff has a boomerang effect. Long after you no longer find something cool, they'll remind you of that time you really liked something. So even though I still liked the comic, I would grit my teeth a little when my parents would buy me Dilbert dolls long after Dilbert's peak. Like, this doll for example, which is just Dilbert with a Santa hat.

I am Tork, a Dilbert nerd.

No comments: