Friday, December 21, 2007

The Twenty-First Day of Christmas...


Today's gift is a carrom board. You may have seen one of these things. It has green nets on the corners and has two sides.

This board comes with two pool sticks and several green and red disks. You can use the disks to play checkers on one side or billiards on the other. The instructions listed several games but I forgotten how many of them go. I think my sister and I just eventually pretended it was like pool.

I think there were cardboard inserts that you could stick into the disks that were numbered 1-15. In fact, there was probably a single black disk as well. There were also a few red pieces that you could stand up, probably just to knock them down with the disks and the sticks.

This picture shows a few other pieces that we probably lost. Are those dreidals?

This board was in my room for a long time. I placed it on top of a bookshelf and it stood there for a long time right next to the board for Fireball Island. It's probably in my current room tucked behind something.

I recently saw this at a toy store. It's neat that they still sell this thing.

No comments: