Thursday, December 27, 2007

Presents!

So I've been spending the whole month talking about receiving presents, but what did I get for others? Well...


For my parents I got my mom a copy of Weird Maryland. It seemed like a great book for her but after buying it I was afraid she already had it. Luckily she didn't, because I didn't want to have to exchange it. Still, there were several days before Christmas where I thought I should have given my mom a gift certificate for a book store. For my dad I got a copy of the Atari 2600 version of Superman. Our old copy broke a long time ago so I never played it until emulators and illegal roms became real popular. We haven't tried this game yet so there's a possibily that it's broken too.


For my sister and her boyfriend, I got them both 25 dollar Best Buy gift certificates. I thought about giving my sister a copy of Sprung, but wimped out.


For my friend Lita, I got a black iDog. I've seen those kind of things in stores so I thought she might like it. I got her a black one because she has a black poodle. Amazon wanted 69 bucks but ebay had it for about 20.

For my friend Mickey I got him a cd burned with some cool stuff, plus some extra nerdy stuff, and a King's Dominion pin. However I realized that I could send him a cd at anytime, so I sent him a 10 dollar amazon gift certificate.

For my friend Rimmi I sent a picture of Adam Busch, which was signed by the man himself. I got her this after she started nagging me to make him appear at once. I felt that this was the next best thing.

For the rest of my Internet friends, I sent 20 dollar Amazon gift certificates. I was running out of time.

I also bought Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Wii Edition for the X-Entertainment guy. I was enjoying his Advent Calendar, saw the link to his amazon wish list, and figured what the heck.



Now, looking back, I think I've learned something. If I hadn't bought all of these things, I could have gotten myself a green iPod Nano with 8Gbs.

Next year, fudge all of ya!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tork!

This is Matt from X-E. I hope you'll see this!

The game arrived -- thanks so much for thinking of me and being so generous! That was really awesome of you.

I'd e-mail you, but the slip came without your e-mail addy...glad I found your blog!

Happy holidays, and thanks again...I really appreciate it!

wurwolf said...

Neat! That was really nice of you to remember Matt, Torrk. You're a good egg.

And thanks again for our present! :oD

Tork said...

Wow, thanks for replying, and you're welcome!

You know, I spent the last few minutes trying to figure out how you found this blog which I consider private even though google opens it to all. Then I realized, oh yeah, I linked to X-E using a trackback. Duh!