Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Second Day of Christmas...





Today we're going in a different direction than yesterday. This came from the same year as the first present but is obviously much different. It's a microscope. SCIENCE!

This microscope came with three settings. I think it was something like 10X, 50X, and 100X. I know that 100x was the highest. It came with about 12 slides that already had something on them and several more slides that you could put your own things on. Of the pre-ready slides, the lady bug one was the best. It tiny and was the only thing that you could recognize. In fact, all the other slides seemed to have random patterns to us kids. I can't remember any of the slides besides the lady bug.

Too bad I never thought to take a look at other stuff like saliva, blood, or hair samples. My dad might have tried to convince me to look at hair with the blank slides but I insisted on just looking at the original twelve slides. That's why I quickly lost interest. That, and the fact that this thing is not a toy nor video game.

I might still have this thing somewhere. I should dig it up and try it again someday.

No comments: