Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Twentieth Day of Christmas...


Today's gift took a while to find, and I'm over fifty percent sure it was a Christmas present. It's a pair of walkie talkies, and I got it some year.

Walkie Talkies are like one of the greatest presents to disappoin you. They seem like an awesome idea, but they never work out right. (Or maybe they've gotten better, but I doubt they would let kids have such an awesome device. Too many legal problems.) The signal is never good enough and you soon become bored. Damn movies make us believe that you could carry out all kinds of adventures with them.

These walkie talkies came with morse code on the bottom. The red button makes a noise and I guess it sends it to the other walkie talkie, but I never figured out if you have to hold down the side button to get that to work.

I never did get the idea between dashes and dots. I just thought you had to hold down the side button for one and let it go for the other, since the beep sounds different for each. Oh well, walkie talkies suck, but they're cool on paper.

No comments: