Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Eighth Day of Christmas...


Today's gift is a couple of VHS tapes I got in the mid-nineties. One of my aunts got me Ace Ventura and Dumb and Dumber for VHS.

I got these two after my aunt gave me a clipboard and told me to write down what I wanted. Being offered a great opportunity but knowning I could only get so much, I asked for these two movies because I didn't already had them. I only had The Mask and the second Ace Ventura movie. (Yes kiddies, people my age used to watch Jim Carrey movies. There wasn't much else to do in the nineties.) I had previously seen those movies on VHS or laserdisc at my aunt's house, but I wanted to be able to watch them more often.

As a fan of Jim Carrey I used to play the hack out of these movies, especially The Mask. The most fun I had during my high school years was going home early after exams or midterms and playing these movies while playing Chip's Challenge or Dragon's Lair on the computer. I had the house to myself, too.

Fun times.

No comments: