Saturday, December 1, 2007

The First Day of Christmas...



Today's present comes from Christmas 1988. We'll probably revisit that year several times thanks to the magic of home video and the non-magic of my memory. This Lego set is known as the Forestman Hideout.

The earliest lego toys I had were mostly castles and some more modern stuff. Around this time, Lego added some new sets. It's a contest whether the Robin Hood stuff was as cool as the pirate stuff, but I think the pirates were cooler if only because they had a shark AND a pirate with a peg-leg, hook, and patch on it's eye.

Still, the Forestmen series had some cool stuff. This came with a couple archers and who presumably take their stolen gold here. They obviously practice on that target. I know it doesn't seem like much, but I thought that target was pretty neat. The small site has branches that disguises the place and vines that still look silly to me after all these years.

I later got a Forestmen set that had a secret entrance. That was awesome and if I could remember getting it on a Christmas I would have showed that one off instead of this one, but this is still cool. It's definitely a good start to this month's reminiscing.

No comments: