Monday, December 10, 2007

This Week In Entertainment (12/10/07)




This week's Pick of the Day is the dvd for the fifth Harry Potter movie. You can see my jumbled thoughts about that movie here. Two more movies to go! Next up: Harry Potter and the What the Heck Does Snog Mean?

Also out on DVD is a few Disney collections. The first is Donald Duck's Chronological Adventures 3. I was once proud of the Donald Duck sounds I could make after watching a Disney behind the scenes feature.

Next up is the set for Oswald The Lucky Rabbit, the proto-Mickey Mouse. I was wincing when I read about this until I remembered that I was thinking of Warner Brother's Bosko. That gives me hope that Oswald isn't a "negro" character.

Last but not least is Disneyland: Secrets Story and Magic. I know it's hip (and fun, I'll admit) to bash Disney but I find this stuff interesting.

I've seen worse Santas in internet ads.


In books I'm outraged that no one asked me to contribute to this.

On the Virtual Console is Pokemon Snap, a game about taking pictures. I actually considered getting this back in the late nineties but thankfully I declinded.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a researcher who worked on the Oswald set, I can confirm — he's black-furred as I suppose you've seen, but not *stereotypically* black (with the watermelon and/or other embarrassing white-promoted cliches).
You might quite like the cartoons; they're very clever, and significantly funnier than many of the Mickeys that came afterward.