Monday, July 13, 2009

This Week In Entertainment (7/13/09)

My Pick of the Week is the sixth Harry Potter movie. I've liked the entire series so far and this should be another good one. Hopefully they can shove in as much of the novel as possible. The success of this film will partially hang on if they can convince us of the various teen romances.


Also out this week on DVD is The Color of Magic. I'm a huge Discworld fan but I didn't know about this film until just this morning. I was tempted to pick it this week, but then I realized that I should have at least heard of it. I'm going to pick this up and cross my fingers about it's quality. (Look at the box art. Which one is suppose to be Rincewind?)

Can you believe that Bewitched lasted eight years? How many episodes of Darren being mad at her wife for twitching her nose could they make? (And there was a spin-off in the seventies!)

I used to watch American Gladiators a lot as a kid. Heck, I wasn't even sure if they had taken it off the air or not, but I think it was replaced by a kids' version at some point. This set seems to cover the first season.

Well, at least somebody sees opportunity in the recession.


For the Wii and DS we have Science Papa, a ripoff of the Mama series. You know how it is. Girls cook and garden why guys do guy things. (Why yes, I don't have a girlfriend. Why do you ask?)

No comments: