Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Bumblefudge Legacy: Generation 0: Chapter 6

Welcome back!

Previously on The Bumblefudge Legacy, we watched Sally lurch over in agony as some sort of parasitic lifeform tried to burrow its way out of her body.


Sims now have a new option when this sort of thing occurs: they can go to the hospital! In previous games they always had to take care of this problem at home.

Sally takes a cab and Jebidiah follows behind her in his car. (I hadn't gotten around yet to changing permissions so people other than Jebidiah can drive his car. I guess I better do that when they get home.)

Some time later...


Congratulation!


It's no big deal to me that I can choose the baby's first two traits. The traits you can choose from as a baby are boring as all get out. Most of the juicy ones don't show up until later. (It makes sense, because who ever met an infant who was a huge flirt? Still too bad, though.)


I've built a temporary nursery in the back. Eventually I'll need to expand it, but babies don't need much room. I went with a lovely sheepy theme.


Sally and Jeb return with their brand new burrito baby! Welcome home, wurwolf!


Sally's already in love.


The direction Sally is putting wurwolf down in is making me think I hung the mobile on the wrong side. Baby/mobile orientation is very important for developing wurwolf's brain. (Not really, but it looks better.)


Ok, so here are some facts about wurwolf:
  • She enjoys that music with the microphone (I think it's pop music, but it doesn't matter because I haven't bothered to buy any sort of sound system for my Sims so she won't hear it anyway)
  • Her favorite food is ratatouille (congrats to me for spelling that right the first time! Also good luck ever getting to eat that, wurwolf)
  • Her favorite color is lilac (pfff!)


The new burrito babies in this game are so freaky looking.


Sally disagrees with me. She thinks wurwolf looks PERFECT!


Jeb has a want to snuggle wurwolf, but between work and Sally hogging the baby, the poor guy doesn't really get a chance. But he did get a promotion! He is now a big deal fancy surgeon.


Sally still needs more friends, so she's throwing a party and has invited over that cop she talked to outside the bookstore, Hal (that guy she decided not to date), and this freaky chick who looks kind of like her and has a weirdly high relationship with her for some reason even though I don't remember them ever meeting.

Why is Bookstore Cop thinking about wurwolf?


Sally has the good host perk, so she doesn't actually have to bother trying to make this party good. She is able to completely ignore her guests while they mill around and stare creepily.


Uh... Bookstore Cop? What are you doing with my baby? WHY ARE YOU HOLDING MY BABY I DID NOT TELL YOU YOU COULD HOLD THE BABY YOU BETTER NOT BREAK HER SHE'S NEW!!!


Oh, good. Bookstore Cop decided to grab some food and put wurwolf back where he found her.


This picture is terrible in almost every way and provides no new or useful information, so why did I keep it? That look on Bookstore Cop's face.


Hal, why are you bothering Sally in the bathroom? AND THAT PUDDLE BETTER NOT BE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.

Eventually the party ends and gets legendary status even though all that happened was that people sat around and ate spaghetti. That good host perk is great! Though to be honest, if you invited me to a party where all that happened was we all sat around and ate spaghetti? I'd still be pretty happy with it. I'm easy to please. And I like spaghetti.


Oh!! Poor Jeb!! Look at him!!!


One of the difficulties of the medical career is being on call. Your Sim can get called in to work at any time. Poor Jeb was already exhausted the first time he got home from work, then he got called in to the hospital. He made it through the shift and I told him to go straight to bed, but before he could even get to the bedroom he got called in AGAIN!

Poor Jeb is so far away from the house, and nowhere near where he usually gets out of the car from work. I guess the carpool was so disgusted at the guy sleeping in the back of the car that they just pitched him out onto the sidewalk.

I don't think Jeb is sleeping well enough for having such a highly demanding job. I resolve to buy him and Sally a better bed as soon as the one they have now is not in use.


Ugh. This picture gives me vertigo. See what Sally's doing?

Silly a daredevil. She decided to impress her doppleganger by telling her to "Watch This" and ran off to shower fully clothed.


The Doppleganger is about as impressed as you would be if somebody told you "Watch this!" and then ran into the house and left you standing on the porch by yourself for like a half hour.


Eventually she gets bored of this and leaves.


Are you proud of yourself, Sally?


Oh well. Time to move on to other things. It's Burrito Baby's birthday, and she's in the worst mood ever! Nobody cares how she feels, though, she's aging up!


Aggggh!!! wurwolf!!! What do you think you're wearing?? You put on a shirt right now! We wear clothes in this house, young lady!


That's better, and very cute. Toddler Sims are always very cute.


And she's the apple of her mother's eye. Jeb hasn't even really had the chance to hold her.

That's it for this one! See you later when other things happen!

Take care.

2 comments:

wurwolf said...

OMG I AM A HIDEOUS LITTLE KID!!! I look like Meat Loaf!

Otherwise, this was fun. Nice to know my mommy loves me. And I really don't have anything in common with Sim me -- I hate pop music, think ratatouille is disgusting, and am not so fond of lilac. (I do like the outdoors, though.)

Tork said...

Can you believe it? Spaghetti! They never had that kind of craziness at my house.