Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Bumblefudge Legacy: Generation 1: Chaper 5

Welcome back!

Today's update may be slightly construction-heavy, but there's plenty of game events in here too, so stick with it!


First off, wurwolf went to somebody's house to visit him, but he wasn't home so she went next door and found this lady. Her name is Constance (I think) and you may recognize her from when she was booing at Sally's underwear back before they both got old.

I know it looks like wurwolf is popping hearts for Constance, but she isn't really. She's just flirty so love is always on her mind.


Niiiiiice decor, Constance. I guess what they say is true. The repressed ones always have a wild side.


Constance's car is the best car.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Oh, gee.

I don't know if you can read that popup up there, but the game is informing us that Angie has become a Latrine Cleaner. I'm just tickled.

The game won't do this for you on its own, by the way. I'm using a mod called Indie Stone (in conjunction with Awesomemod) that, among other things, helps the Sims you aren't playing to find employment and updates you on their status if you wish. I look forward to keeping track of the lives of family members who move out of Bumblefudge Manor.



BOG is a child now! And it's kind of hard to see his features in any poorly lit room! Still, I'm excited!

"I could really go for a good night's sleep, myself."

Ahhh, old people.

BOG is an artistic type, so I got him an easel so he can refine his talents.

"Hey, Boggy, I guess since it's your birthday and stuff I uh... I got you a present you might like."

"Yeah? What is it?"

"This awesome guitar! Do you like it?"

"You realize I can't play guitar until I'm a teenager, right Mom?"

"Um... no. I didn't know that."

"I think I'll just keep working on my self-portrait, if you don't mind."

"Yeah... um. Sure. It's ok. Don't worry about it. It wasn't expensive. I just fished it out of a pond, anyway. [Lita's Note: This is true.] I'll just leave it here for when you want it."

"You do that, Mom."

"Happy birthday."

"Uh huh."


"*sniff*"

*Cat's In the Cradle starts playing*


Wow! That was pretty awkward! Time to change the subject!

wurwolf is starting to pop wants about gardening, so I've started a landscaping project out back!

It looks a little messy now because of a couple of aborted first attempts, but basically here is how you make a garden plot. (You don't actually need to do this to plant, but it looks nice)

Lay out some flooring (it doesn't matter what kind) as an outline for your garden. The outline should be at least a couple of squares wide. Use the terrain spraypaint too fill the middle in with a dirt pattern (but not the darkest kind).

Set your spraypaint tool to the largest circle there is and on the maximum hardness setting with the darkest color dirt. Choose a spot in your dirt and spray there. Don't move the circle around at all, you want the exact size this spray setting gives you. When it's time to plant, you'll do it inside this darker circle.

I'm making two circles in case wurwolf wants to do a lot of planting. You can do as many circles as you want, as long as you think your Sims will have time to tend to them.

You can now remove the flooring you put down and see that your garden plot has a nice clean outline.



Buy the sprinkler from the outdoor toys section in buy mode and place one in the middle of each of your circles. Notice that the buy mode is kind enough to show you the sprinkler's range before you place it. Also notice that this range is the exact size of the circles you just made. Helpful!


Now wurwolf knows exactly where she can plant the various seeds she's been hoarding. As long as she places her plants inside the darker (wetter looking) dirt, she'll know the sprinkler can water it and she won't have to eat up her whole day doing that job manually.

It's nice, BOG, but was it worth hurting your mother?

"Meh."

Oh. Back outside, then.


The sprinklers, as purchaced, must be turned on and off manually. It's easy enough to do, you just click on them once a day and tell them to come on and then click on them again later to tell them to turn off. It's not even like a Sim needs to go out there.

Even so, if you have a Sim with sufficient handiness skill, it's nice to send him or her out to the sprinkler and upgrade it to water automatically. Just one less thing to have to remember.


"Here. Do you like this one? It's better."

Yes, it's better. But is it worth the cost of your soul?

"Meh."

He'll love that guitar when he's a teenager. I'm sure of it.


wurwolf is now out laying groundwork for future relationships. She's got the attractiveness perk as well as sufficient other attributes that she doesn't even have to have a real conversation with a Sim before they consider her a friend. It really is:

"Hi. I'm wurwolf."

"OMG IT'S WURWOLF I LOVE HER!!!"

Oh yeah. I sent wurwolf through the crypt again before I sent her here. She didn't find anything worth finding.

I'm trying to get wurwolf to have 20 friends. It takes some walking around and greeting, but once it happens, we get the reward that comes with it, shown below:


wurwolf's friendships will never decay. Anybody she's friends with now will stay her friend until one of them dies, or she does something to piss them off, even if she never talks to them again. This should make courting easier.

That's it for now! Later!

2 comments:

Tork said...

So the key to having lots of friends is to be naked and covered in ash?

wurwolf said...

Yes, I find that works best for me, Torrk.