Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Bumblefudge Legacy: Generation 0: Chapter 12

Welcome back!

Here we are, at the first picture of the new album and already there's a problem:

"I didn't do it."

Sure you didn't. I saw you going after that thing with a screwdriver. You were trying to overclock it again, weren't you?

"I'm just desperate to find out what that means."

It means quit breaking your dad's computer or you might find yourself taking a very long swim is what it means.

"Yeah, whatever, Lady. You'd never do anything to risk making Angie the heir. Besides, I can fix it."

No you can't. Move over.

wurwolf is right about one thing. I am NOT going to endanger her life in dumb ways because I do NOT want to try to untangle the quagmire that is sure to be Angie's adult life.

Jeb is an Elder at the end of his lifebar. If anybody is going to take the small risk of electrocution to fix this thing, it'll be him. Besides, it's his laptop.

Fortunately, Jeb has good handyman skills and is able to fix the laptop without incident.

Later that night...

Jeb? Why did you get out of bed? Why are you sparkling?

"Like you don't know."

Oh no!

"Yeah, why don't you just sit there and act concerned. I'm just an elder at the end of my lifebar, you jinx."

I didn't mean to jinx you! I really didn't think that--

"Yeah, cram it."

What???

"Oh, what do I have to lose now?"



wurwolf is the first of the other house residents to sense that something is wrong and come running, clipping through the door as she does so..

"Oh! *gulp* Daddy!"

You can't tell from this shot because the room is small and it's hard to get an angle with the walls up, but everybody else has run in by now. It's pretty crowded in here.

Seems like somebody is missing though...

Oh! There he is! And he's striking a dramatic pose!

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT EVENT. YOU WOULD THINK SOME OF THESE MORTALS WOULD MOVE OVER SO THERE WOULD BE ROOM FOR THE MAN HIMSELF.

Yeah. Sorry.

I MEAN, I HAVE A JOB TO DO.


Sorry, Buddy. It's not my fault.


Speaking of buddies, I think this is quite inappropriate. Sally, I'm ashamed.

"What? I'm very charismatic."


There's so little space, the urn has to be placed several yards away, and Death has to stay out of the room.

Jeb's spirit has to teleport to Death for the final scene. I guess Jeb was happy with his life and didn't want to go so soon because he got down on his knees and pleaded with Death. Death's response was to smack him with the butt of his scythe like so. I felt that was unnecessary.

I CAN'T TOLERATE A SISSY.

Got a funny picture out of it, anyway.



"Ugh... he's right behind me, isn't he? He's so gross..."

Yes, technically, I guess. But he is in a different room. You shouldn't be able to see him.

"You left the walls down, you ninny!"

Ugh. Curse wurwolf's obnoxious little sister for giving her the courage to be mouthy!


Poor Sally spends her first night in a long time sleeping alone.


Even Angie feels some sort of distress. I guess.

"Without Dad around, who's gonna unclog the can?"

Ok, Angie, you don't get to talk anymore.


Awww. Poor Sal. Everybody's gonna be kind of sad and upset for a couple of days, but it's worst for Sally. She's heartbroken.

Hey, you know what? Let's throw a funeral. It might help you get some closure.


Oh, Sally.

You can't see it in the picture, but she just made a pass at Fabio. He seems to be politely ignoring it. I guess he realizes she's a grieving widow and might not be thinking things through.

Fortunately, the rest of the guests arrive before Sally can get more forceful. They all sit down for a nice meal of french toast and discuss urns.

Bearded Guy better keep his syrup off Jeb's laptop.

...well... I guess it's wurwolf's laptop now.

Goodness, the new Cry on Shoulder interaction is sweet. Bearded Guy is Sally's boss, and I guess in all the years she's worked for him, he's also become one of her best friends.



wurwolf gets home from school and... this is her formal outfit. I let the game pick it because I never make my Sims dress fancy so I figured I'd never see her formalwear. Good job, random clothing chooser!



I can't decide if Angie's formal outfit is worse or not. They're both pretty bad.


Goodbye, Jebidiah Wilson-Bumblefudge. You were a really nice Sim and a good first townie spouse for the legacy.

I'll probably want to send the tombstone elsewhere eventually, but I'll keep it around for now. At least until Sally's joins it.

"DON'T YOU JINX ME!!"

How did she hear that?


Only one night after her father's passing, it's time for wurwolf to embark on a new stage in her life as well. It's her birthday and she's growing into an adult!


I'm awesome, so I get to pick her last trait.

You don't see it, but it also had me pick her new lifetime goal. I pick the Heartbreaker goal, which means she wants to have 10 boy/girlfriends or break up with 10 Sims or something. I'm not sure about the details of how to make this happen. Hopefully I'll figure it out before she ends up like Jeb--

"HEY!! NOW DON'T YOU START JINXING ME!!!"

Sorry.


Not bad! This is supposedly her formalwear, but whatever.

I send her to pick out her other clothing and do something about her face and hair.


I remembered that she's an outdoor Sim as well as a flirt this time, so I made her mini-skirt and top green.


That's it for this chapter... and this generation! In the next chapter, wurwolf steps into her role as Legacy Heir and head of household. See you then!

Take care.

1 comment:

wurwolf said...

Okay, I love that I'm a great kisser. That is so true.